Career Seekers: Career Search: Systems Engineer II
Systems Engineer II
Systems Engineer II
Local Travel + up to 20% Out of Town
The Managed Services team is responsible for providing post-sales support to internal environment, Cloud tenants, and Managed Services business customers who have managed services contracts/agreements. Services range from managing hardware to fully managed solutions encompassing any or all of the following technologies: physical and virtual backup systems management, Cloud hosted solutions, server architecture, VMware, Citrix VDI, Nutanix, etc.
The Systems Engineer II position is assigned to the Core Team and is responsible for management of the Core ticket queue and related SLA’s. Engineers are responsible for the overall system health of customer environments and develop and manage the strategic planning of customer infrastructure lifecycles. This position involves critical duties and responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations, which may necessitate extended hours of work.
This is a customer focused hands-on role in which the Systems Engineer II will be expected to handle and resolve customer issues in both a proactive and reactive manner. This specific role is for a resource with a strong background in virtualized environments and/or Citrix. This role will be a part of the Tier 2/3 escalation team and will have a work shift consisting of Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CST (minimum).
• Good academic standing with a degree in either Information Technology, Business Studies, Computing, etc. and/or 5 to 8 years of relevant experience
• Enterprise level experience with strong focus around process and procedure.
• Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting virtual-based environments
• Experience with RMM tools and/or automation scripts, such as ConnectWise Automate
• Solid networking knowledge
• Should be proficient and certified in at least one of the following: Citrix, VMware, Nutanix, Infrastructure, Operating Systems
• Must possess strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills
• Build on customer satisfaction and relationships
• Complete tickets escalated to Core to maintain zero violated SLA’s and/or due dates
• Administer, maintain and upgrade backup solution(s) and customer infrastructure on a regular schedule
• Create and maintain knowledge base articles and all documents related to customer environments
• Perform afterhours duties on an on-call and as-needed basis
• Intermediate Virtual and/or Cloud experience with the Azure, VMware, Nutanix, or Citrix technologies
• Responsible for the administration of IT Portal and overseeing of proper documentation/relationships
• Implement, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software, and system management tools both internally and externally
• Assist in the development of IT Portal, LinkedIn Learning and overall training guides
• Collaborate with the SOC team to mitigate, patch, and harden customer infrastructure